· To honor and perpetuate the names of the brave and loyal officers who have served in our Nation's foreign wars and expeditions.
· To keep in mind the memory of their martial deeds, the victories they helped to gain, the freedoms they have preserved for us.
· To strengthen the ties of fellowship among the Companions of the Order.
· To foster the cultivation of Military and Naval Science, with emphasis on Military History.
· To bear true allegiance to the United States of America, based on the paramount respect for, and fidelity to, the Constitution and Laws of our Country.
· To aid in maintaining National Honor, Union and Independence.
· To foster and encourage the study of American history and particularly of American military history, to the end that the memory of brave men and women may freely be enshrined and that we and our children may learn from the past to formulate sound policies for the present and future.
We welcome eligible candidates for membership in our two classifications of Companionship: Veteran, for officers, active, retired or honorably discharged, who have served in or during a foreign war campaign and/or expedition; Hereditary, for descendants of officers with such service dating from the War of the Revolution to the present.
Military Order of Foreign Wars of the United States. Last modified: 05 October 2016